Here we create many different types of forum RPGs. If you wish to join, you can create an account, contact me by email, or contact me through Howrse as AS321952.

The Ironically Named Town of Faith

Dark Soul
    Admin

Zodiac : Sagittarius Chinese zodiac : Monkey

The Ironically Named Town of Faith

Post  Dark Soul on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Truly ironic for the poor girl. XD

Dark Soul
    Admin

Re: The Ironically Named Town of Faith

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Lucia spotted Erick and walked over to him, pulling up the hood of her coat to keep her head dry. It was a bit of a silly picture since she was still wearing her ball cap. Her green hood just seemed to end with a dark blue bill sticking out on Lucia's forehead. But it helped to keep her head and face dry, or at least dry enough to where she didn't feel like she was in a shower. She walked up to Erick and looked at him and the cigarette. "Want to try and find a dryer spot and light one up?" She asked.

Dark Silence

Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Rat
    Location : Forever falling into the core, into the eternal blackness

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:19 pm

"No." Was Erick's monotone response. He clearly came here to be alone, and wasn't overly enthused that Lucia came and insisted on bothering him. He didn't even look up at her, just glaring forward.

It's killing me that I will never get to hear your laughter anymore

-Disturbed, Save Our Last Goodbye
    In memory of one of my best friends
    Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Lucia rolled her eyes a bit at his attitude towards her. "Fine, be that way. I was going to ask if you'd like to join me when my car was fixed, but forget it if that's going to be your attitude." She said flatly before turning away, starting to walk off. If he was going to always be like that, then having him the car, despite his knowledge of cars and such, would only irritate and distract her from driving safely. "Men..." she muttered under her breath.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Erick sighs. "You act like I can leave that easily. You act as if you can leave that easily. Try walking out of town. If you can't do it, come find me, and then we'll talk. If you can leave, trust me, you'll be better off walking to the highway and hitchhiking than waiting for your car to get fixed." With that, Erick stood and stalked off in a direction opposite of the Bed and Breakfast. The rain continued to fall, and thunder rumbled, low and loud.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Lucia narrowed her eyes a bit when he said that she wouldn't be able to bring herself to leave even if the opportunity presented itself. She normally wouldn't stay out in such weather for an extended amount of time, but his words did intrigue her...and also challenged her a bit. She had to go to the town's border just to more or less prove him wrong, that she could leave if she so desired. After all, there was nothing that could stop her. She had free will and last she checked, she wasn't some dog with a shock collar. Shoving her hands into her pockets, she started walking, heading towards the border of the town. As the back of the welcome sign came to view, she couldn't help but notice that they seemed to be lacking a "thanks for visiting" type of sign. She supposed it might've been damaged at some point, and with few visitors and such a small population, it might just be too expensive and uneffecient to even bother spending the money for a sign like that. She reached the welcome sign and then went to take a step to leave...and I leave what happens up to you in case you are plotting some kind of super mischievous evil with this.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:01 pm

The wind suddenly picked up and a scarecrow lurched into view, seeming unaffected by the wind. The fiend stumbled forward towards Lucia, and the howls of what seem to be cyotes or wolves are heard over the sound of the wind even. They seem to be coming for her, and blocking her path. The scarecrow opens it's burlap sewn mouth and cackles dryly, the sound maddening and haunting as it reaches towards Lucia with wooden claws...

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Lucia gripped onto her coat as the wind started to pick up. She looked rather confused when the scarecrow first stumbled into the middle of the road and then started walking towards her. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, telling herself that the scarecrow wasn't real. She opened her eyes just as the howling started to carry to be heard over the wind, the scarecrow now even closer and cackling, reaching out for her. She yelped and jumped back away from the from the figure that should be laying on the ground, if not helplessly blowing around and falling apart in the wind, but somehow seemed to be just as alive as her. "What the hell is this?" She asked shakily as she stumbled back into the town's borders. This defied any and all logical sense she had grown up knowing.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:17 pm

The scarecrow lurched to the edge and cackled. Strange lupine beasts stayed just out of sight through the rain, their glowing red eyes the only thing visible other than silhouettes of their hulking black forms. They clearly weren't going to let her leave, and the wolves looked like they may be hostile.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Lucia took in a shaky breath as her heart started to sink. It appeared Erick had spoken the truth when she said she wasn't going to be able to leave. She had assumed he meant it in a way to where she wouldn't want to leave, that she would want to stay. She had never even considered the fact that there would be forces that pretty much scared her into staying, and she didn't exactly feel like playing the dare devil and testing her luck to see if the creatures that were blocking her path would actually harm her if she were to leave or if they were just there to simply scare her. She turned and went back to the town, looking for Erick. This was insanity. What was there didn't make any sense. Scarecrows weren't alive, and those canine looking beasts didn't look like any type of wolf or coyote she'd ever seen or read about, at least not that existed today, and Erick seemed to be the only one with even the slightest bit of logic about him in this town of messed up things.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 pm

It was still raining hard, but she found Erick under a closed bakery front. It was late enough in the day that they were done selling goods, but the awning provided enough shelter from the rain that Erick was trying to light a cigarette. The end glowed as he inhaled and put the lighter away. He exhaled and saw Lucia approaching, blowing out the smoke.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Lucia walked over to Erick, still looking a bit shaken. "Is someone an engineer for some kind of dark and messed up version of Disney World or some -word #1-? Because what I saw makes no (insert proper form of word #3 here) sense and simply can not have been real." She said firmly, though her voice still quivered despite her firm beliefs in that what she saw couldn't have actually been what it appeared to be. It just couldn't be.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Erick raised an eyebrow. "What did he make you see?" He asked, mildly curious. He didn't seem very shocked at her reaction to trying to leave.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Lucia felt a bit more relieved at Erick's answer-question. "He," the word echoed in her head. So it had to have been some kind of trick using engineering and costuming and such. After all, it had to have been someone alive and able to control the situation in order for that to be Erick's response. She looked up at him. "Some large black canines that were hidden in the trees and a walking, cackling scarecrow that has convinced me that any scarecrow I see from now on should be burned without waiting around to ask questions."

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Erick didn't seem fazed or surprised at all. "So he haunted a scarecrow and summoned at least illusions of his hounds. That explains the howling I heard. Dam it. That means at least he thinks you're the chosen one."

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Lucia shook her head. "That's nice and all...but um...who exactly is he?" she asked, sounding like she was starting to lose her patience, up until one of the words he had said in his explanation finally hit her. Had she heard him say haunted? As in ghostly possession and "who you gonna call?" haunted? She shook her head and looked up at him. "Haunted? What do you mean by haunted? You have been the most logically sound one here so far, please do not tell me that you're insisting a ghost did that."

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Erick raised an eyebrow, unamused. "I would tell you what's really going on, but he won't let me. He will find a way to prevent me from saying it. I can only say this much because he's still weak. As far as who 'he' is, why don't you look at the statue again." Erick stood up from where he was leaning, preparing to go back to his house for the night.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Lucia looked at Erick like he had lost his mind now. "Nope...I was wrong. I thought you were sane and had your head on your shoulders, but I can clearly now see that you're also missing a few screws as well, just not as many. There is no way that a man that has been dead for over a hundred years could be doing this." She shook her head and sighed. Once her car was fixed, she was going to get in it and just slam that pedal to the metal and never look back at this town. She went back to the house as well, thinking. There had to be a way out of here.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Erick waved sarcastically as he went. "You'll hear worse, trust me. And now you know Abraham isn't letting you leave either. If you want to talk about trying to drive out of here, forget it. Trust me on that one." He left her, not really caring, and heading back to his house and started to do some things before the power went out. He cursed and went back to the bed and breakfast with a duffel bag just as Ann was calling to Lucia that dinner was ready. Erick went to his room and threw stuff down, deciding he was going to purposely be late to dinner.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Lucia walked into the small bed and breakfast and looked at Ann. She was now growing weary of everyone in this town after what had just happened at the border and what Erick had just told her. It wasn't that she believed Erick was right, she was still certain that someone was just using some old superstition that the people know to scare them into believing that it was all true to try and get something that he wanted from them. That had to be the only logical answer now. she wouldn't believe that this was the work of some man that's supposed to be long dead, gone, and buried. She sat down at the dining table and looked at the food, pondering on if she even wanted to eat anything at all.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:11 pm

"Is something bothering you, dear?" The kind old Ann asked. She was genuinely concerned for the girl. She looked rattled, and hadn't even touched her food yet.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Lucia looked over at Ann. She debated on if she should say anything to the old woman. As far as she was currently concerned, Ann hadmt don't anything wrong, but she was clearly one of the people of this town that believed the whole "prophecy/fabled/chosen one" bull -word #1-. That was where Lucia had the issue of whether or not she could tell Ann what had happened or not.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Ann sighed a little. "If you feel like eating later, there will be some stew and cobbler in the fridge you're free to have and reheat."

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Lucia looked at Ann still. "No, I'm ready to eat. I just also have a lot in my mind right now with my car and my journey and all that wonderful jazz."

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Ann smiles kindly. "Well, if you want to talk to an old woman, you can always talk to me, dear. Or Erick, for that matter. The boy is as stubborn as he is hard headed, but he is a good lad once you know him."

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:16 am

Lucia nodded silently as she ate her dinner. There was no point in talking to anyone. All the answers she had been getting from when she does ask were either all the more insane, raised more questions, or ungodly cryptic to where there wasn't even really an answer from the question. After a few more bites, she stood up and excuses herself, going back up to her room. She sighed She went over to the bay window and looked out, and then glanced down at the statue. "(insert proper form of word #3 here) ridiculous. Dead is dead. Done. Gone and buried. Spirits, ghosts, ghouls are all just stories to scare people. You aren't real." she said firmly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:37 am