Here we create many different types of forum RPGs. If you wish to join, you can create an account, contact me by email, or contact me through Howrse as AS321952.

The Ironically Named Town of Faith

Dark Soul
    Admin

Zodiac : Sagittarius Chinese zodiac : Monkey

The Ironically Named Town of Faith

Post  Dark Soul on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Truly ironic for the poor girl. XD

Dark Soul
    Admin

Re: The Ironically Named Town of Faith

Post  Dark Soul on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Lucia was driving down the highway in her deep blue sedan. With the AC on, she was comfortable enough to wear her black sweater. Her brown hair was pulled up into a ponytil that was sticking out of the backend of her white ballcap. She seemed to be in cruise control mode until she heard something beeping and then sat up, aware now. She saw the battery and the check engine lights pop on and she frowned. "Oh no, no, no. Not now, baby. Please not now." She begged her car, but it was pointless. To her surprise and relief, she saw an exit turn off and followed it. It was a few miles in that she saw buildings in the distance and then, finally, a sign that said "Welcome to Faith." The timing couldn't have been any better as just as she pulled into the parking lot of the first building, which also happened to be the mechanic shop, her car finally sputtered out and refused to move unless it was pushed or pulled. She sighed and got out of the car and looked around. "Hello? Is anyone here?" she called out as she looked around, shoving her hands into the back pockets of her jeans.

Dark Silence

Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Rat
    Location : Forever falling into the core, into the eternal blackness

Post  Dark Silence on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:02 pm

A guy with pale hair and smoking was leaning against the building, trying to light his cig. He looked up and saw her. "Ya lost?" He asked. No one came out to this rural town unless they were indeed lost.

It's killing me that I will never get to hear your laughter anymore

-Disturbed, Save Our Last Goodbye
    In memory of one of my best friends
    Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Lucia turned as she heard the male's voice and looked at the man. "No, not exactly. I mean, I guess, depending on your definition. I'm not really driving to any specific location. I'm just driving and will stop driving when I feel I've finally found a place to settle again, but on the highway, my car kind of pooped out on me. So I'm in need of some mechanical work on it to figure out and fix what's wrong with it." She answered. She wiped some sweat off her forehead as the heat from the sun started to get to her now that she was no longer in an enclosed space with the AC on. She slid off her sweater and rolled her shoulders back before wrapping the sweater around her waist and then sliding her hands back into her jean pockets. She was now in a white tank top, but the thing that would be more noticeable and eye-catching to anyone from this small town was the tattoo that the strap of her top managed to not cover. It was the exact tattoo that the leader and founder of the town had said would mark the woman to conceive his new, permanent body after his death.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:12 am

The guy froze, staring at her shoulder. His expression seemed one of shock, and a mixture of other emotions. He opened his mouth to say something when a man came out of the mechanic shop she had pulled into. "Erick, who's thi-?" The new guy saw the tattoo and started smiling and laughing happily. "She finally came! The Mistress of Fate came!" The pale haired man-Erick-muttered darkly to himself and went inside, giving up on his smoke for now.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:46 am

Lucia watched the pale-haired man, waiting for his response, when the mechanic walked out of the shop. She turned to face him but before she could say anything about her car, he started with his excited claims of some "Mistress of Fate" arriving. She took a couple of steps back, looking rather hesitant and nervous now. Either this man had her mistaken for someone else or he was missing a few screws. "Um, yeah, okay, if it's not too much trouble, could you please figure out what's wrong with my car and get it fixed so I can get back on the road please?" She requested.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:16 pm

The man's face saddened a little. "But m'lady, you are the one we have been waiting for. Please, let me explain. When our town was founded, our glorious founder, Abraham Greymore, grew deathly ill, and decreed that a woman would appear to the town and fall in love with his closest male heir, and he would be born again to lead us into prosperity, peace, and harmony. The mar of that woman, was said to be the one on your shoulder." 

The pale haired guy from earlier, Erick, came out with a flashlight and popped the hood of the car. "Ed! Stop feeding her that crap! It's a dumb old legend anyway. Abraham was delirious and probably was babbling insanity while he was waiting at death's door." Erick wrinkled when he saw the engine. "Ma'am, I'm going to be honest, I'm surprised you managed to drive this far from the freeway with this piece of crap. I'm surprised the engine didn't violently explode on you or catch fire."

Ed rolled his eyes. "Don't listen to him. He's just a pessimist and is probably over eggagerating." Ed looks at the engine over Erick's shoulder and raises his eyebrows. "I may stand corrected..."

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Lucia looked at the man that she had now figured was named Ed. Her look was of exhaust and irritation, a look that truly said she had now officially labeled him as an idiot. "Right...sure..." she said slowly, her tone clearly declaring her lack of belief for what he had claimed about her and the past and everything that connected the founder of this town to her. She shook her head before looking at the man named Erick. "Okay, so my engine is a bit messed up now...but is it fixable?" She asked.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:54 am

Erick glared at her. "This piece of crap? No. You'd be better off selling it for scrap and getting a whole new engine. Or better yet, just buy a better car."

Ed lightly smacked Erick's shoulder. "Erick! Be nice to the lady! You know the legend better than everyone else!" 

Erick rolled his eyes. "And yet you keep forgetting my opinion on it, Dumbo." He stands and skulks off. "I'm going to find a less idiot invested part of town to smoke in."

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:11 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen...the proud winner of the 'Ray of Sunshine' award." She mumbled sarcastically as Erick skulked off and shook her head. She didn't buy any of the crap about her being some foretold prophecy, or part of one at least, but he still had a ripe attitude that needed some fine tuning. Maybe if it would help his attitude, she would offer to bring him with her once she was able to get the car situation taken care of. She looked back at Ed. "Is there any way to fix it so I can continue my trip?" She asked.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Ed shook his head. "The one thing Erick is definitely right about is that you would be better off just buying a new engine and having it be shipped here. It would be cheaper on you that way." Ed sighed. "Sorry. The cost of labor and parts would be a pretty penny, but until that engine is gone, that car isn't going anywhere. If, ah, you need a place to stay, Erick's grandmother has a bed and breakfast farther in town. It's very reasonably priced, and her waffles are a town favorite."

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Lucia sighed. "Great..." she mumbled. "Alright, I guess I have no option but to go with that. I'm not exactly ready to settle into a new home yet...and certainly not in a tiny little place like this, no offense. I'm sure it's a nice town." She said before she grabbed her bags and looked at Ed. "So which way is it to the bed and breakfast?"

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Ed nodded and gave her directions to the bed and breakfast. The town of Faith wasn't the biggest, having only about a thousand people within town limits, but seemed well taken care of. There were older buildings that were maintained and still looked nice, and the Bed and Breakfast was a quaint little house overlooking the town square, which doubled as a park. In the center of the square was a statue of a stern looking man sitting in a chair. The placard stated that this was Abraham Greymore, the town founder.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Lucia walked through the town towards the bed and breakfast. Seeing the statue in the park, and after Ed's story of her being some kind of fabled one, she couldn't help but at least humor the idea of looking at the statue. She looked up at it and then back down at the placard and shook her head. "I'm supposed to be your new mother? Yeah, I don't need a kid that looks like there is not a dang thing to smile about. You must've been a hell of a charmer." She said, that last sentence dripping in sarcasm. She turned and walked into the bed and breakfast and looked around. It was a small but nice house. The town itself wasn't too bad, and she didn't consider herself a city slacker, but she did prefer towns that had a bit more to offer than this little place.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:52 pm

A little bell chimed as Lucia entered into a big main area where people would sit down to eat. During this time of day, no one was there, but a small old woman with kindly features came out from the back, smiling warmly at her. "Ah, hello there. Welcome to Faith's Bed and Breakfast. Is there anything I can do to help you?" She seemed more than happy to see a new face, but Lucia could tell the old woman recognized her tattoo on her shoulder too, even though she said nothing about it.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Lucia wasn't taking the idea of her tattoo being so popular around this small little town too well. It was rather off putting. But still, she needed a place to stay until Ed could get her car fixed up. "Yeah. My car broke down and Ed said that they only way I'd be able to keep going on my journey would be to either just buy a new car or have him order a new engine and wait until that's all done. So I need a place to stay for a bit." She answered.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 pm

The woman nodded and motioned for Lucia to follow. "Of course, my dear. I have a few rooms open that you may stay in. My name is Ann, by the way." She slowly lead Lucia upstairs, sowing her multiple rooms that were open. There were only two rooms Ann said were not open, which were hers and the one her grandson sometimes used.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Lucia followed the woman up the stairs and through each room that she showed her. "In all honesty, it doesn't bother me all that much which room I stay in. Just as long as it's some place where I can sleep with a roof over my head until my car is fixed so I can keep going." She told Ann. She had no intentions of staying any longer than a couple of days. Besides, this was a small town, and small towns were supposed to be full of nice poeple that understood and respected traveler and visitor wishes in terms of when they say they must go, they can go, right? Although Lucia had no idea that this town was a bit more set in the idea of having their founder be reborn.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Ann smiles warmly and lets her stay in the largest room available. There's a queen sized bed, and bay windows with a bench to sit on. "You just come downstairs and tell me when you want to eat and I'll cook you something nice, okay?" Ann says before making her way back downstairs.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Lucia nodded to Ann and thanked her before putting her bags down by the closet door. She looked around. It was a nice room. She would need to keep a room like this in mind after she was done traveling and ready to look for a new home to settle in. She walked over to the window and looked out at the square and park down below. She shivered slightly as she saw the statue. She wasn't sure if the statue itself was creepy or if the shivers came from the fact that these people, or at least the ones she's met so far, seem to believe that she is suppoesd to be the mother of their reborn leader.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:27 pm

After a while, Lucia hears someone come in downstairs. After a while, it sounds like Ann is arguing with a man who sounds familiar, but she can't make out the words or the topic, just that there's a disagreement.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:32 pm

At first, Lucia wasn't all that concerned since she didn't know who it was that Ann was talking to and assumed that they would want the discussion between themselves. But then she heard the arguing and began to worry that something might go wrong and Ann would need help. She opened the door and went over to the stairway to see if she could hear better, wanting to make certain that this was something that might or might not turn violent.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:38 pm

From her new vantage, Lucia is just in time to see Ann slap Erick across the face. His head jerks to the side, and he remains like that, not turning to face Ann again. "You know very well you cannot leave, Erick!" Ann says sternly. "You are important to this town, and for the town's future! If you go, you're condemning us all to misery!" Erick breathes heavily and clenches his fists, not saying anything as a thunderstorm starts brewing outside, sending drops of water pouring down. Thunder could be heard rumbling in the distance. Erick grabs his coat and goes outside without another word, clearly angry.

Dark Soul
    Admin

Post  Dark Soul on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Lucia listened carefully to what she was able to hear. So it appeared that Erick was no less anxious than her to skip town. This was rather interesting for her to hear. She silently and quickly went back to her room and pulled on her own coat and then made her way downstairs. She opened the door and went outside to try and find Erick. If he was just as anxious as her to get out, then maybe it would help his attitude if he were able to leave, and she honestly wouldn't mind having someone traveling with her in case she did need more help, and he seemed to know a thing or two about cars, which would be just as much of a bonus.

Dark Silence

Post  Dark Silence on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:03 pm

By the time Lucia went outside, it was pouring. Ann was in the kitchen, starting a pot of stew for dinner. Erick hadn't gone too far. He was in the square, back against a tree and facing away from Ann's and the statue. The tree did little to stop the heavy rain from drenching him, matting his pale blonde hair to his head. An unlit cigarette was perching in his lips, but he knew better than to try and light it in this downpour. The presence of it in his mouth alone helped.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:03 pm