Here we create many different types of forum RPGs. If you wish to join, you can create an account, contact me by email, or contact me through Howrse as AS321952.


    Additional Info

    Share
    avatar
    Dark Soul
    Admin

    Zodiac : Sagittarius Chinese zodiac : Monkey
    Posts : 23286
    Join date : 2015-06-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Land of coal and oil and snow!

    Additional Info

    Post  Dark Soul on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:34 pm

    First off, for anyone wondering, no.  Hybrids of species don't exist.

    All wolves from the Fantasy/Extinct Category of the wolf breeds section are allowed.  Realistic, not as of yet... but perhaps in the future.

    The wolves in this pack don't have any powers beyond the potential of wings or being a shifter.  Not yet.  But again, perhaps in the future.  Starting small here, folks.

    This pack is rather big on colors.  Very big on colors, actually.  There are even genetic codes to it.  If you're making a new wolf, you can choose what your wolf's color will be, out of the allotted colors.  If you're going to play a pup being born into the pack, colors will be randomly assigned.  This also means you aren't expected to find a pic for your wolf, but if you really feel like it, go for it, but again, not required by any means.

    The most superior color is white.  A solid white wolf is the most treasured, and Alphas will only ever be solid white.  They will do everything they can to ensure their heirs are solid white as well.
    Black, red, and brown (solid for all three) are the most favored colors after that.
    Any wolf with patterned coats that have a main color of white, black, red, or brown will then fall into favor here.
    Every other solid color possible falls in line here.
    Every other patterned coat with a main color that's not white, black, red, or brown falls in here at the bottom.

    Pack Ranks:

    Alpha Male - Always mated to Alpha Female - Always solid white - Undisputed leader of the pack - 1 Needed
    Alpha Female - Always mated to the Alpha Male - Always solid white - Undisputed leader of the pack - 0 Needed
    Beta Males - Always solid white, black, red, or brown - In charge of hunting and fighting parties - 5 Needed (5 Max.)
    Beta Females - Always solid white, black, red, or brown - In charge of hunting and scouting parties - 5 Needed (5 Max.)
    Gammas - Always white, black, red, brown; solid or patterned - Members of hunting, scouting, and fighting parties - 5 Needed (6 Max.)
    Deltas - Always patterned white, black, red, or brown, or solid blue, yellow, green, or purple - Healers, advice givers, etc (though they're not exactly smiled upon) - 5 Needed (6 Max.)
    Omegas - Never solid colors, only ever patterned, and even then, if they have a primary coat of white, they'll try to be trained to at least Delta - Den keepers and pup watchers, very much frowned upon - Unlimited
    Adolescents - In between pup and adult.  If they are allowed, they will be getting trained for their adult position (so if they're gonna be an Omega, then they don't go through any training) - Unlimited
    Pups - I think it's obvious... - Unlimited

    Genetics:

    Primary Coat Colors (from most common to least):


    • B - Black
      N - Brown
      R - Red
      U - Blue
      G - Green
      Y - Yellow
      V - Violet/Purple (they're the same thing to me, hush.)
      W - White

    Patterns:


    • M - Mask (shows)
      m - Mask (doesn't show)
      D - Brindle (DOESN'T show)
      d - Brindle (shows)
      O - Spots (shows)
      o - Spots (doesn't show)
      S - Saddle (shows)
      s - Saddle (doesn't show)

    **Note** Color potentials for patterns will be dictated with the same letter type as the coat color.  So if you're choosing a yellow pattern color, that color would be represented with Y.
    Examples and Descriptions:

    MainCoat MaskPattern MaskColor BrindlePattern BrindleColor SpotsPattern SpotsColor SaddlePattern SaddleColor

    BB mm YW Dd UG Oo WW ss NR - Black with no mask (but carries genes for Yellow and White,) no brindle (but carries gene for it to show with blue and green genes,) white spots, and no saddle (but carries genes for brown and red.)

    RW Mm YV dd RG oo BN SS UW - Red coat (and carries gene for white) with yellow mask (but carries gene for purple,) red brindle (but carries gene for green,) no spots (but carries genes for black and brown,) and blue saddle (but carries gene for white.)

    Alright, so if you still can't quite figure it out, which ever allele (letter) comes first in the colors (be it for coat or patterns,) that will be the color that is represented for the coat or pattern, but the gene is still there for the other color, which has a chance to be passed down to a child.

    So like I said, you can pick out your wolf's colors and patterns (WITHIN THE ABOVE LISTS) and I'll work out the genetic code based on what you tell me, or show me with an APPLICABLE picture (meaning that the picture has to show the patterns and colors allowed.  White underbellies will be allowed in pics, as they're incredibly common, but that's it.)


    _____________________________________________
    And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
    "And tenement halls"
    And whispered in the sounds of silence
    avatar
    Dark Soul
    Admin

    Zodiac : Sagittarius Chinese zodiac : Monkey
    Posts : 23286
    Join date : 2015-06-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Land of coal and oil and snow!

    Re: Additional Info

    Post  Dark Soul on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:05 pm

    Breeding Examples:


    Mom: BR mm WW Dd RY Oo YV SS NW - Black with no mask (but carries genes for white,) no brindle (but carries gene for pattern with genes for red and yellow,) yellow spots (but carries genes for purple,) and brown spots (but carries genes for white.)
    Dad: RW MM BW Dd YY oo VW ss NR - Red with black mask (but carries gene for white,) no brindle (but carries gene for pattern with yellow genes,) no spots (but carries genes for violet and white,) and no saddle (but carries genes for brown and red.)

    Okay, now I tried listing out all the genetic code potentials... but that was getting WAAAAAAAAAAY to long, so I'm gonna do it this way.

    Alright, for main coat colors, potential genetic codes are BR (meaning black will be the coat color at a 25% chance,) BW (black will be the coat color at a 25% chance,) RR (red will be the color at a 25% chance,) and RW (red will be the color at a 25% chance.) This means that there is a 50/50 chance of the pups being black versus the pups being red.
    For Mask Pattern, the only potential is Mm (mask is present.) For Mask color, we have BW (black is the color at a 50% chance) and WW (white is the color at a 50% chance.) So all pups will have the mask pattern, some with black masks and the rest with white masks.
    For brindle pattern, there is DD (no brindle at a 25% chance,) Dd (still no brindle at a 50% chance,) and dd (brindle 25% chance.) For brindle colors, there's RY (red is the color at a 50% chance) and YY (yellow is the color at a 50% chance.) This means that only a small portion of the pups will be born with brindle, at a 50/50 chance of those pups being red or yellow.
    For spots, there's Oo (spots are present at a 50% chance) and oo (spots are not present at a 50% chance.) For spot colors, there's YV (yellow at a 25% chance,) YW (yellow at a 25% chance,) VV (purple at a 25% chance,) and VW (purple at a 25% chance.) This means that some pups will have spots and some won't, at a 50/50 chance of the spots being yellow or purple.
    For Saddle pattern, there's only Ss, where it is present. For saddle colors, there's NN (brown at a 25% chance,) NR (brown at a 25% chance,) NW (brown at a 25% chance,) and RW (red at a 25% chance.) This means that all the pups will be born with saddle patterns, and a 75% chance of the saddle patterns being brown versus red.


    _____________________________________________
    And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
    "And tenement halls"
    And whispered in the sounds of silence

      Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 am